Directions to Florence ‘Park and Ride’
Park and Ride in Florence – Viale Europa.
This is an easy way to get to Florence, avoiding the city traffic and yet providing the freedom and flexibility of going by car. Currently, the car park cost are €1.50 per day (daytime use – heavier charges apply for overnight parking)
- Out of the gate at la Massa, turn right and drive to the main road.
- Turn right and follow signs for Firenze – climbing up and down.
- Once you reach the end of the road down from Consuma, turn right for Firenze and then left for Firenze.
- You travel along a road around Pontassieve and eventually come to a roundabout. Here, ignore the Florence signs instead following signs for A1 Roma / Bologna (the exit following the Firenze exit.
- Drive along here for some kilometres (take care for speed cameras)
- You will soon be onto a straight double lane road with a number of traffic lights
- You will see the ‘P’ parking sign just before a Q8 gas station.
- Turn right in here and take the ticket at the barrier.
The bus into the centre of Florence is a number 23 and you can buy a ticket from the machine at the car park – be sure to validate (cancel) your ticket in the machine on the bus.
When you return, get a 23 bus and ask the driver to tell you the best stop for the park and ride in Viale Europa.
I enclose a link to a
View Florence Park and Ride in Viale Europa in a larger map which will detail where best to get off the bus in Florence and where to catch it again for your return to the car.